A truly unique agency requires exceptionally talented employees.
Working for PerkettPR
It can be tough to distinguish one PR agency from another. PerkettPR has won numerous awards for our campaigns in the B2B and B2C technology markets, and we pride ourselves on delivering unique and creative ideas for our clients that lead to better, more consistent and impactful results. To do so, we are constantly on the search for creative, hard working and dedicated full time employees who thrive on self discipline, achieving excellent results and providing superior client service.
Do you have what it takes to work at the nation's number one virtual PR firm?
PerkettPR’s model was designed to be different in “virtually” every way. As one of the first firms to recognize the need for a new model of PR agency – one that provides experienced practitoners at every level of service on a client’s account – we have paved the way for what is today a widely popular model.
While many PR firms are slowly moving away from the hierarchical structure that leads to junior executives executing account work, PerkettPR’s seasoned team has been working this way for almost a decade. Our business was built on the premise of offering results-oriented public relations and marketing from a team of experienced senior executives, while simultaneously offering a premiere work environment and unique career opportunity – employees experience true quality of life while working as part of a nationwide staff from their home offices.
Advance in more than just PR. Improve your business acumen.
Our virtual culture and team-oriented philosophy is not for everyone, but it’s excellent for the right people. A career with us spans more than just PR – it’s an opportunity to continually improve upon your core PR skills while learning more about running a business, too. Oh, and you get to skip the commute!
If you are passionate about technology, have excellent client service skills and proven media experience in the technology trades and business press, then PerkettPR would like to hear from you. Candidates without previous agency or in-house technology experience need not apply. You must be comfortable working full time from home, as well as with a team that requires dedication at all levels on a day-to-day basis. If you can answer yes to the following questions, then you may be a fit!
- • Do you have five or more years of high tech or consumer public relations, communications or related professional experience?
- • Do you have established relationships with the technology press/analyst community?
- • Are you able to set priorities and deliver results using excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- • Do you work autonomously under pressure, are you extremely self motivated and proactive, and do you meet deadlines while remaining positive and outgoing?
- • Are you in PR to promote the star, not be the star?
- • Have you ever worked from a home office?
- • Do you strive for a career that provides ongoing challenges and benefits but also enables you to balance your personal life?
- • Can you deliver superior PR results for clients and simultaneously add value to your company by providing ideas for growth, business development, HR and other business functions?
Are you a PR 2.0 expert with proven experience in both traditional programs and new media? PerkettPR is recruiting!
PerkettPR is seeking Account Strategists who can demonstrate the proven ability to run traditional PR programs such as media relations, customer/partner programs, speaking and events initiatives and grassroots campaigns, as well as new media and digital production: social media campaigns, video, podcasts, etc.
Specifically, you must:
- • Have a minimum of five years related experience
- • Demonstrate results or case studies in PR and new media as well as client service
- • Be comfortable – experience preferred – working from a home office
- • Have experience in technology but demonstrate a willingness to work in industries such as healthcare, fashion, travel, entertainment. If you have specific experience to bring to the table, please highlight it
- • Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- • Show us why you are a standout – what will you teach us?
- • Do your homework – show us you understand who we are, our culture and how we are unique in the industry
Ideally, you will:
- • Have a sense of humor – for fun and for sanity!
- • Be in or near Boston, NYC, San Francisco or Detroit; although if you are the best, you could be anywhere
- • Not lead with “why I want to work from home”
- • Have PR agency experience or client service experience
- • Be creative in how you apply
- • Understand the bigger picture and give us an idea of how you will not only help deliver the best client service but help our organization grow and innovate
BIG HINT: if you follow @PerkettPR on Twitter and DM us that you have sent a resume, it will be more noticeable…
Please keep in mind we require a minimum of five years related experience. We’ll contact you if appropriate.
Previously featured in an Incentive Magazine cover story for its innovative employee recognition and incentives programs, PerkettPR strives to ensure employee satisfaction and commitment by offering the following benefits:
- • Competitive salaries
- • New business bonuses
- • Extremely generous vacation time (potential of five weeks your first year)
- • Birthdays off
- • Summer Fridays
- • Retirement Plan with generous company match
- • Paid Community Service Leave
- • Gift and monetary incentives and bonuses
- • Company contributed health and dental insurance
- • Referral bonuses
- • Employee Emergency Fund
- • Office furniture reimbursement
- • A work environment that supports professional development and work/life balance like no other company can!
PerkettPR’s team is comprised of ethical and caring management and fun yet hard-working colleagues, working elbow to elbow while learning from one another and supporting work and life priorities. We’re a high-collaboration/low hierarchy environment with outstanding opportunities for learning about business – not just PR – at all levels. But be ready to work hard – we’re also an agency with high expectations and exceptionally strong and talented executives. We may work from home offices but the pace is faster and the results are higher than “traditional agencies,” and you’ll need to bring your most inspired ideas to keep up with us and our clients.
Interested? Send your resume and creative cover letter, why you want to work for PerkettPR and what value you bring above other candidates, to: HR Manager, careers (at) perkettpr (dot) com or fax to 617.504.8687. In the subject line, please indicate your desired position (Account Strategist) and location, (Boston or San Francisco).